Federal Firearms was started as Small Arms Manufacturing, a barrel factory started in 1958 in Presto Pennsylvania by Jerry Taucher and some other associates.
Then in 1967 Jerry and his associates started a wholesale and retail location called Federal Firearms Co. Inc. located just 2 miles from the Barrel plant in what used to be referred to as Federal Pennsylvania.
Federal Firearms Co. Inc. was a distributor for industry leaders such as Remington, Ithica, Savage, Leupold, RCBS, and Redfield just to name a few.
In 1974, Jerry bought out his partners and became the sole owner period.
In 1990, Jerry retired and turned the operations over to his son Bruce and then Justin! Bruce’s son graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 2012 and decided to become the third generation to enter the business. Federal Firearms Co. Inc. has turned into one of the area’s oldest family-run firearm dealers and is still operating in the same professional “down home” manner as always.
Federal Firearm Co. Inc. has become a landmark in the community. A place where people come not only to shop, but a meeting place to socialize, have a cup of coffee, bring the Lab a biscuit, curse the one that got away, and brag about the one they bagged today.